Our 2021 event is starting soon so
don’t waste time and book your tickets!
2020 Annual Awards
Nicola Beckford is an award-winning BBC Journalist. She is the face of the West Midlands’ award-winning regional flagship television news programme, ‘Midlands Today’ at breakfast on BBC One.
Her outstanding career includes presenting BBC Midlands Today’s main bulletin at 18:30, as well as Woman’s Hour on BBC Radio 4 and BBC television news bulletins in Bristol and Cambridge.
With more than a decade’s experience in broadcasting, Nicola was one of the first BBC journalists in the UK to discover the power of the Freedom of Information Act to uncover stories. As a reporter she was keen to tell the stories of people who are not usually heard.
Kul served for 32 years in the UK police service, of which two thirds were spent at leadership level. In his life as a police leader he has overseen complex and varied departments and commanded critical and major operational scenarios.
He has been coaching leaders for over 20 years and now works with a global client base of business owners and senior leaders, using his unique style to help them to not only further their leadership potential but to feel more fulfilled, despite the challenges of their roles.
Using his deep knowledge of Emotional Intelligence, Kul has worked with police forces, universities, fire services and the oil industry in UK, UAE, Qatar, India and Ukraine to help develop empowered cultures. His passion for leadership is evident in everything that he does. His personal coaching client base has spanned the globe.
Potential Unlocked in Birmingham
Second city initiative leveraging the power of online technology to continue its tutoring of primary and secondary pupil.
- He has shown a willingness to learn new things. He has displayed a very mature attitude toward his work, and he has a good mathematical ability. He has all the attributes to do well at GCSE in the subject.
- Alexander achieved an excellent set of Mock exam results in his recent assessments, well done.
A tenacious character that helped to grow confidence and improve in Maths, Reading & Comprehension.
Exemplary character, determination to succeed, exceptional progress in literacy
- Priscilla has a tenacious attitude to learning, always prepared to go the ‘extra mile’.
- Passed her with SATs and achieved Greater Depth in her English.
- Awarded Tutee of the Year 2018 for: ‘Exemplary character and your will to succeed’.
- Priscilla became a Published Author.
- Wesley is our longest standing tutee since 2012.
- He has a great talent for dancing.
- Wesley has featured in the Birmingham Live Newspaper (Evening Mail)
- He has passed his SATs
- Khiarn showed amazing improvement within such a short period of time!
- This was because of his own self-reflection, hard work and enthusiasm. When he struggled with a new topic, he was resilient, never gave up and gave it his best go!
- Tyanne joined Potential Unlocked Tuition highly recommended by another parent.
- She passed her GCSEs with the support of her Mum and Potential Unlocked Tuition.
- Tyanne is currently studying at College to become a Marine Biologist. Well Done Tyanne.
Fatimat Abdul Fatawu Mouhamed
- Fatimat joined Potential Unlocked Tuition to specifically practice exam question responses. She achieved grade 5 in English, Maths and 66 in Science.
- She is now at Sixth Form College studying A levels in Chemistry, Biology and Psychology, she wants to pursue a career in Clinical Psychology.
- Recommended to join Potential Unlocked Tuition by another parent who experienced positive impact by way of academic success and pastoral care.
- Peniel has achieved a grade 5 in English, Maths and Science and likely achieve lower grades had it not been for the support of her Mum and Potential Unlocked Tuition.
- Peniel is now at Sixth Form College, studying A Levels in ICT, Business & Geography. She wants to become a Business Lawyer.
- Joined Potential Unlocked Tuition due to suffering from an illness resulting with low attendance causing him to underachieve. This has never stopped Javon from ‘pushing’ through his challenges.
- He has secured a grade 5 in Maths, 4 in English & 4 in Sciences.
- Javon is now at Sixth Form College studying Level 3 in Extended Engineering. He wants to be an Electrical Engineer.
- Zipporah is an amazing tutee. She is both intelligent and creative and expresses it in her work.
- Zipporah works immensely hard at every task, taking on a hands-on approach to learning and developing new skills. As a result, she also offers support to others around her, further demonstrating her caring nature and kindness.
Shows a fantastic attitude to children’s learning. She is very proactive with how she can unlock her children’s potential and always wants to know how her children have done in lesson.
1st Runner up
They are active and supportive in the academic growth of Jasmine. Due to their determination for Jasmine to excel, she is more confident and takes a positive approach to learning. Jasmine’s development is a testament of their encouraging involvement in what she has accomplished thus far.
Significant improvement in SPAG and a determination to succeed
Improving by one whole grade in Science within 6 months. Impeccable character, always striving for excellence.
Mark Escott is the Co-Founder and CEO of Life Chance Education and School for Inspiring Talents, a therapeutic education provider that specialises in working with young people and families who have experienced Trauma.
A self-described ‘poacher turned gamekeeper’, Mark’s own troubled childhood led him to drugs and crime, and finally a spell in a probation hostel, where he was able to witness at first hand the gulf between those working in the criminal justice and social care systems, and those they were seeking to help. This marked the start of his commitment to breaking down the language barrier between service providers and service users.
Life Chance Education operates a growing chain of independent therapeutic day schools called, School for Inspiring Talents.
1st Runner-up – Gloria Graham
- This semi-retired teacher/ tutor/ advisor has clocked up nearly 30 years in education, across state, supplementary and special needs primary schools and churches in the West Midlands.
- Overcoming physical disability to qualify as a teacher and built a career in which she has come through four OFSTED examinations with flying colours.
- Identify undiagnosed medical conditions in several pupils and supported their parents to secure more suitable provision.
- Headhunted for her most recent role, and guided 20 of 26 Year 1 pupils, including a high percentage with special needs, achieve passes in Phonics.
2nd Runner-up – Julian Hall
Julian ‘The Ultrapreneur’ Hall is the founder of a four-year-old social enterprise called Ultra Education. Ultrapreneur has been successfully teaching entrepreneurship to primary and secondary school aged children from disadvantaged backgrounds. Julian is currently developing the world’s first artificial intelligence chatbot that can teach entrepreneurship to kids and teens”.
2020 marks Veron’s 25th year working in journalism and communications, in the community and in the mainstream for organisations, including:
- The Voice
- Gleaner newspapers
- Midlands Today
- The Birmingham Mail
- Radio 5
- The Asian Network and BBC WM
Veron has always reached back, mentoring young people, and supporting organisations building for the future.
- Sam Rathling is expert on the LinkedIn platform.
- She has ADHD so struggled in school, but now sees this as her gift and her super power! Sam built her LinkedIn business from 2016-2018 at a fast pace, and was looking for some help to scale and grow. In May 2018 an Investor found her and came on board to help her build on what was already a successful company & 6 months later took everything from her. She is a comeback queen and is on a mission to generate £1 Billion for her clients by 2025.
1st Runner-up – Alison Cope
- Alison Cope is the mother of Joshua Ribera who was murdered in 2013.
- In 2018 Alison set up The Joshua Ribera Achievement awards which celebrates the achievements of young people who have been excluded from mainstream education but who have excelled in alternative provisions.
Exemplary character, determination to succeed, exceptional progress in literacy
A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement.
2021 Potential Unlocked Awards
Regular bundle price: £514.93
For up to 10 people
*T&C: You must purchase your kindle version for 99p on Amazon on Friday 1st October to get your signed hard copy of Inspire Your Child’s Greatness Book.