At Potential Unlocked Awards, we are committed to protecting the privacy and personal data of our users and visitors. This GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) policy outlines how we collect, use, store, and disclose personal data in compliance with the GDPR and other applicable data protection laws.
The data controller responsible for the collection and processing of personal data is Potential Unlocked Awards, located at [Company Address]. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy or the processing of your personal data, please contact us at [Contact Email].
Personal Data Collection and Use
We collect and process personal data for the following purposes:
1.Registration and Account Creation: When you sign up for an account with Potential Unlocked Awards, we may collect personal information such as your name, email address, and contact details. We use this information to create and manage your account, provide customer support, and communicate with you regarding your account and our services.
2. Award Submissions: If you choose to participate in Potential Unlocked Awards by submitting an entry or nomination, we may collect additional personal data such as your professional background, achievements, and any other information necessary for the evaluation and selection process. We will only use this data for the purpose of administering and judging the awards.
3.Communication and Marketing: With your explicit consent, we may use your contact details to send you promotional materials, newsletters, and updates about our services, including information about upcoming awards, events, or relevant industry news. You have the right to opt-out of receiving such communications at any time.
4.Legal Obligations: In certain circumstances, we may be required to collect and process personal data to comply with legal obligations, such as investigating fraud, enforcing our terms and conditions, or responding to lawful requests from public authorities.
Legal Basis for Processing
We rely on the following legal bases for the processing of personal data:
- Consent: We will seek your consent before collecting and processing personal data for specific purposes, such as direct marketing communications. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a Contract: The processing of personal data may be necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Potential Unlocked Awards, such as creating and managing your account or evaluating award submissions.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process personal data based on our legitimate interests, provided such processing does not override your rights and interests. This includes activities such as improving our services, conducting research, and preventing fraud.
- Data Sharing and Disclosure
We may share personal data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may engage trusted third-party service providers to assist us in delivering our services. These providers are contractually obligated to handle personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws and only for the purposes specified by Potential Unlocked Awards.
- Business Transfers: In the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, personal data may be transferred to the acquiring or merging entity, subject to the same privacy obligations as outlined in this policy.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid legal requests, such as subpoenas, court orders, or government investigations.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access, accidental loss, destruction, or alteration. These measures include encryption, access controls, regular data backups, and staff training on data protection.
We will retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. Once personal data is no longer needed, we will securely delete or anonymize it.
Under the GDPR, you have certain rights regarding your personal data, including:
- Right of Access: You can request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Right to Rectification: You can request the correction or update of inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Right to Erasure: You can request the deletion of your personal data under certain conditions, such as when the data is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected or when you withdraw your consent.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: You can request the restriction of processing your personal data in certain situations, such as when you contest the accuracy of the data or when the processing is unlawful.
- Right to Data Portability: You can request to receive a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format or to have it transferred directly to another data controller, where technically feasible.
- Right to Object: You can object to the processing of your personal data based on legitimate interests or direct marketing.
To exercise your rights or make any inquiries about your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided in this policy.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this GDPR policy from time to time to reflect changes in our practices or legal requirements. The revised policy will be posted on our website, and we encourage you to review it periodically.
By using Potential Unlocked Awards’ services and providing us with your personal data, you consent to the collection, processing, and storage of your data as described in this GDPR policy.